Last updated: 05/01/2022
• Account means a unique account created for You to access Our Service or parts of Our Service.
• Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
• Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone, or a digital tablet.
• Service(s) refers to Veris Insights LLC’s Website, Memberships (University Recruiting Council, Experienced Recruiting Council, UR360), and all work derived from the Memberships (including research interviews and surveys).
• Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of Veris Insights LLC. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by Veris Insights LLC to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of Veris Insights LLC, to perform services related to the Service or to assist Veris Insights LLC in analyzing how the Service is used.
• Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
• Website refers to Veris Insights website and member library, accessible from verisinsights.com/select-library
• You means the individual accessing or using the Service, Veris Insights LLC Website, participating in research conducted by Veris Insights as part of its Service, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain Personal Data that can be used to contact or identify You. These are sourced directly from You or indirectly from You (e.g., from observing Your actions on the Services). They are used to fulfill or meet the reason You provided the information, to contact You in relation to Our Services, to respond to an inquiry, for product and Service improvement, to screen for potential risk or fraud, to provide customer service, or marketing. We disclose identifiers for business purposes to internet Service Providers and administrative Service Providers. These identifiers may include, but are not limited to: full name, email address, phone number, and usage data.
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service. Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, geolocation data, the pages of Our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique Device identifiers and other diagnostic data. We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit Our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device. We use this information to fulfill or meet the reason You provided the information, to screen for potential risk or fraud, or to improve the Service. We disclose Usage Data for business purposes to internet Service Providers and administrative Service Providers.
This may include records of Services purchased, obtained, considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies. We source this information directly from You. We use this information to fulfill or meet the reason You provided the information, to contact You in relation to Our Services, to screen for potential risk or fraud, to respond to inquiries, to provide the products and Services that You have ordered or requested, to provide customer service, or marketing. We disclose this information for business purposes to administrative Service Providers.
Professional or Employment-Related Information
This may include information such as employment history or professional certifications. We source this information directly from You or Your employer. We use this information to fulfill or meet the reason You provided the information or to process an employment application. For example, when You apply for a job with us, We ask for Your relevant employment history. We disclose this information for business purposes to Service Providers, such as background check providers and human resource administrative Service Providers.
This may include information such as level of education completed or academic performance. We source this information directly from You. We use this information to fulfill or meet the reason You provided the information or to process an employment application. For example, when You apply for a job with us, we ask for Your education information. We disclose this information for business purposes to administrative Service Providers.
Veris Insights may collect characteristics of protected classifications such as age, race, gender, or other demographic information. We source this information directly from You. We use this information to fulfill or meet the reason You provided the information, marketing, or to provide relevant Services. We disclose this information for business purposes to administrative Service Providers.
Inferences Drawn from Other Personal Data
Veris Insights may collect inferences drawn from other Personal Data, which may include a profile reflecting a person’s preferences, interests, and characteristics. We source this information directly or indirectly from You (e.g. from observing Your actions on Our Services). We use this information to fulfill or meet the reason You provided the information or for marketing. We do not disclose this information to third parties.
You have choices about the information We collect. When You are asked to provide Personal Data, You may decline. However, if You choose not to provide information that is necessary to provide a product or service, You may not be able to use some of Our features, products or Services.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
Veris Insights LLC may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
• To provide and maintain Our Service, including to monitor the usage of Our Service.
• To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
• For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance, and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or Services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
• To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted Services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
• To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, Services and events which We offer that are similar to those that You have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
• To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
• To compensate You for participating in research studies.
• To deliver to You any administrative notices, alerts and communications relevant to Your use of the Services.
• For purposes permitted by and to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements and laws.
• For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of Our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve Our Service, products, marketing and Your experience.
Sharing of Personal Data
For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your Personal Data in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Veris Insights LLC assets, financing, divestitures, bankruptcies, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another Veris Insights LLC.
With Your consent: We may disclose Your Personal Data for any other purpose with Your consent.
Other Disclosures: Veris Insights LLC reserves the right (and You authorize Veris Insights LLC) to share or disclose Your Personal Data when Veris Insights determines, in its sole discretion, that the disclosure of such information is necessary or appropriate in the following circumstances:
• Legal purposes. We also may use or share Your Personal Data with third parties when We believe, in Our sole discretion, that doing so is necessary;
• To comply with applicable law or a court order, subpoena, or other legal process or valid requests by public authorities;
• To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services, violations of Our Terms and Conditions, or situations involving threats to Our property or the property or physical safety of any person or third party;
• To establish, protect, or exercise Our legal rights or defend against legal claims; or
• To facilitate the financing, securitization, insuring, sale, assignment, bankruptcy, merger or other disposal or reorganization of all or part of Our business or assets.
Retention of Your Personal Data
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security and You understand that any information that You transfer to Us is done at Your own risk. If We learn of a security systems breach We may attempt to notify You electronically so that You can take appropriate protective steps. By using the Services or providing Personal Data to us, You agree that We can communicate with You electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to Your use of the Services. We may post a notice via Our Services if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to You at the email address You have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where You live, You may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
The “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) privacy preference is an option that may be made in some web browsers allowing You to opt-out of tracking by websites and online services. At this time, global standard DNT technology is not yet finalized and not all browsers support DNT. We therefore do not recognize DNT signals and do not respond to them.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from anyone under the age of 16. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 16 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent’s consent before We collect and use that information.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
Public Posting Areas
Please note that any information You include in a message You post to any public posting area, such as the comment section of Our blog, is available to anyone with Internet access. If You don’t want people to know Your email address, for example, don’t include it in any message You post publicly. PLEASE BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL WHEN DISCLOSING ANY INFORMATION IN PUBLIC POSTING AREAS. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE BY OTHERS OF THE INFORMATION THAT YOU DISCLOSE IN PUBLIC POSTING AREAS.
Legal Basis for Processing:
In processing Personal Data, We may rely upon the following lawful bases:
• Consent. We may process Personal Data with the consent of the individual whose data is being processed and/or in reliance upon the consent of the administrator of the account, who must affirm that s/he has obtained appropriate consent from all participants.
• Contract. When we enter a contract with You and/or an administrator for Your account, We process Personal Data on the basis of Our contract in order to prepare and enter into the contract, as well as to perform and manage Our contract. This is necessary for Us to provide the Websites to You.
• As required by law. We may process Personal Data as required to comply with legal obligations to which We are subject for the for the purpose of compliance with EEA, UK, or Swiss public, governmental, judicial or other regulatory authorities.
• For legitimate business purposes. This includes but is not limited to legal compliance and the purposes described above.
Right of access: You may have the right to get confirmation about whether or not Your Personal Data is being processed. If so, You have the right to access the Personal Data and other information, such as the purposes, the categories of Personal Data, the recipients (or categories of recipients) to whom the Personal Data have been or will be disclosed – Our list of service providers who may receive Your Personal Data can be found here, for particular recipients in third countries or international organizations, where possible, the predicted period that the Personal Data will be stored, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period, Your rights, etc. Where feasible and permitted by law, We will provide a copy of the Personal Data We are processing. For any further copies, We may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs. If You make the request by electronic means, and unless otherwise requested, the information shall be provided in electronic form.
Right to rectification/correction: You may have the right to rectify, correct, or complete Your Personal Data if inaccurate or incomplete.
Right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’): You may have the right to the erasure of Your Personal Data in certain circumstances. For examples, see below:
• Your Personal Data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was processed
• You withdraw Your consent on which the processing is based, and We have no other legal ground for the processing
• You object to the processing and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing
• Your Personal Data has been unlawfully processed
• Your Personal Data has to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation to which We are subject
• This right shall not apply to the extent that processing is necessary for the below purposes.
• For exercising the right of freedom of expression and information
• For compliance with a legal obligation which requires processing by a law to which We are subject
• For the performance of a task carried out in the public interest
• For the establishment, exercise or defense of Our legal claims
Right to restriction of processing: You may have the right to restrict the processing for the below reasons:
• You contest the accuracy of Your Personal Data, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of the Personal Data
• The processing is unlawful and You oppose the erasure of the Personal Data and request the restriction of their use
• We no longer need the Personal Data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by You for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims
• You exercised Your right to object to processing pending the verification whether Our legitimate grounds override Yours
Right to data portability: You may have the right to receive the Personal Data that You have given us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You have the right to send that Personal Data to another controller, if the processing is based on consent pursuant to or on a contract and is carried out by automated means.
Right to Opt Out: You may have a right to opt-out from certain activities, such as “sales” or “sharing” of personal information, processing of sensitive personal information, targeted advertising, or profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects. We do not “sell” personal information and We do not knowingly “sell” the personal information of children under 16 years old.
Right to object: You may have the right to object, on grounds relating to Your particular situation, to processing of Your Personal Data which is based on Our legitimate purposes. We will stop processing the Personal Data unless We have compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims. If Personal Data is processed for direct marketing purposes, including profiling, You may object at any time.
Right to withdraw consent: Where the processing of Personal Data is based on Your consent, You may have the right to withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before withdrawal.
Right to anonymity: You may also have a right to request anonymity. This means that Your Personal Data would not be collected or processed. If You choose to exercise this right, We may not be able to provide You with Your requested goods or services.
We may offer various financial incentives from time to time. The terms of a financial incentive will be provided at the time You sign up for a financial incentive. You may withdraw from any of the financial incentives. We have calculated the value of a financial incentive by using the expense related to the offer, and the value of Your data is the value of the offer presented to You.
1201 Connecticut Ave 11th Floor
Washington DC 20036